If you check the storage of your Mac drive, you might find that photos occupy a large amount of disk space. Why? As photos could be easily generated on your Mac via many paths, such as screenshot captures, photo downloads, camera imports, etc. Moreover, there could have some useless photo duplicates. With time passed by, the accumulated images will eat up the drive’s storage and in turn drag down your Mac. Therefore, it’s suggested to regularly delete unneeded photos on your Mac and you could follow this guide to proceed.
Way 1. Delete Photos from Mac via Trash BinThis is a common way to delete pictures on Mac and is usually available for deleting pictures from Desktop, Downloads, and other locations outside the Photos app. To try this way, 2 steps are needed. Step 1: Locate the photo you want to delete and then choose it. To select multiple images, you can hold down the Command key and click on each file, or use the mouse to select multiple files by drawing a selection box. Step 2: Drag the chosen photos to the Trash icon and you will find them moved to Trash. Tips: If you want to permanently delete the photos, you could right-click the Trash icon and click Empty Trash.
Way 2. Delete Photos on Mac's Photo AppPhoto is a built-in app of macOS for users to organize, view, edit, and share their photos and videos. You can delete photos like screenshots and imported images via this useful Mac app. Following is how to delete pictures using Photo app. Step 1: Launch Photo app. Step 2: Find and select the unwanted photo. If you need to delete all pictures, you could use Command+A on your keyboard to make them selected. Then, press Delete button on your keypad and confirm your operation of deletion on the pop-out. The deleted photos will be sent to the Recently Deleted folder. You could empty this folder by clicking Delete All in the Recently Deleted interface. Macube Cleaner, a powerful all-in-one toolkit for Mac. Macube Cleaner provides a bundle of functions like File Shredder, Junk Cleaner, and Privacy Protector, enabling you to clean up, protect and manage your Mac in one place. Its File Shredder feature is extremely outstanding, which can not only completely erases your files without leaving a trace but also excels in removing stubborn documents. Additionally, Macube Cleaner provides a 7-day free trial with full function. Sound great, right? You could download it via the button below to have a try.
- Provide Junk Cleaner and Large & Old files functions for you to effectively free up disk space.
- Available to securely protect your privacy with File Shredder and Privacy Protection functions.
- Support Duplicate Remover yet Similar Image Finder functions, easily deleting unnecessary files from your Mac.
- Offer App Uninstaller as well as Extension Manager functions to help you conveniently manage your software.
- Compatible with macOS 10.10 or later.
- Support recovering photos, videos, documents, audio, emails, etc from different storage devices including flash drives, hard drives, memory cards, digital cameras, and camcorders.
- Available on retrieving data deleted or lost led by accidental deletion, formatting, corruption, system failure, etc.
- User-friendly yet comprehensive interface, walking you through the entire data recovery process within 3 steps.
- Provide Preview function, helping you locate the wanted pictures accurately.
Conclusion:If you are planning to delete photos on your Mac to free up more space or privacy protection, don’t hesitate to try the mentioned ways in this post, especially using Macube Cleaner which can forever delete images. While you accidentally remove important images during deletion, no worry, Eassiy Data Recovery is here to help retrieve lost photos within several clicks for you.
Speed up and troubleshoot your Mac super easily with a Macube full-featured free trial!Start Free Trial