Google Drive is one of many Mac users go-to backup service because of its compatibility with a wide range of platforms and affordability. But, if you no longer need the app or want to switch to Cloud or another cloud backup service, you'll need to know how to properly uninstall Google Drive from your Mac. To help you out, we’ve created this comprehensive guide discussing the possible ways to uninstall Google Drive app and remove its leftovers on Mac without compromising your system’s operations.
The easiest way to completely uninstall Google Drive from Mac is by using a powerful tool like Macube Cleaner. This tool saves you the stress of going through the manual process to uninstall apps on your Mac system, allowing you to get the job done in just a few clicks. With Macube Cleaner, you can quickly unwanted applications and their residual files on your Mac. Plus, thanks to its efficiency, you don't have to waste time deleting multiple files one after the other. Also, this software boasts a built-in large and old file cleaner, which allows you to remove large and old files that are no longer needed on your Mac computer.
Key Features of Macube Cleaner
- App Uninstaller: Macube Cleaner can automatically uninstall apps completely, removing all associated files.
- Duplicate Finder: Find and delete duplicate files on your Mac, freeing up storage space for more important files.
- Large & Old Files Cleaner: Easily identify and remove large and old files that you no longer need.
- Similar Image Finder: Advanced algorithm allows you to detect similar images occupying your Mac storage and delete them in one click.
- File Shredder: Facilitate permanent deletion of files from Mac.
Here are the steps to completely delete Google Drive app on Mac using Macube Cleaner;
Step 1: Download and install Macube Cleaner on your Mac. Then start the program as soon as the installation process is complete.
Step 2: Find and select the Uninstaller feature. Then, click the Scan button to proceed.
Step 3: The software will automatically start to scan for apps on your Mac. After that, preview the results and select “Google Drive” app from the list of apps displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Finally, click the Clean button to delete the app and any leftover files on your system.
The above method with Macube Cleaner allows you to automatically uninstall Google Drive Mac completely. But, if you don't want to install third-party app and prefer to manually uninstall Google Drive from your Mac, we got you covered. You can manually uninstall Google Drive and remove leftovers from Mac in a few steps. However, it's important to note the process is not as straightforward as using Macube Cleaner. You'll have to uninstall the app and remove any leftover files using different techniques. Follow the steps outlined below to uninstall Google Drive and remove leftover files.
Step 1: Disconnect Your Google Account
Before you can uninstall Google Drive, you'll need to disconnect your Google account.
- Click on the Google Drive icon in your Mac's menu bar.
- Click on the settings icon (three vertical dots) and select 'Preferences'.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen. Select settings from the dialog box.
- Look for the 'Disconnect account' option next to your email and click on it.
- Click on 'Disconnect' and then 'Done'.
Step 2: Uninstall Google Drive on Mac
Once your Google account is disconnected, you can uninstall Google Drive.
- Open the 'Applications' folder in Finder.
- Control-click on Google Drive and select 'Move to Trash'.
- Open 'Trash' from your Mac's Dock.
- Control-click on Google Drive and select the 'Delete Immediately' option.
Step 3: Clear Google Drive Files Leftovers
Even after uninstalling Google Drive, some files may be left behind.
- Open Finder and press Cmd + Shift + G.
- Type ~/Library/ in the 'Go to Folder' search box.
- Use the Search bar to find Google Drive.
- Select 'Library' instead of 'This Mac' to filter your search.
- Move any matching files to Trash.
At this point, we believe you already know how to remove Google Drive from Mac. But there are more tips to know to be able to get the job done effectively, especially when using the manual technique.
How to uninstall the Backup and Sync app on Mac
If you're using the Backup and Sync app from Google, you can uninstall it following the steps;
- Click on the app's icon in the menu bar.
- Select 'Preferences' and switch to the 'Settings' section.
- Click on 'Disconnect Account' and confirm the action.
- Quit the app and drag it to the 'Trash bin.'
- Empty your 'Trash' to completely remove the app.
Why can't I uninstall Google Drive on Mac?
If you're having trouble uninstalling Google Drive, it could be because it's still running. Make sure to quit Google Drive before attempting to uninstall it.
How Do I Delete Old Google Drive Folders on Mac?
Old Google Drive folders can be deleted just like any other folder on your Mac. Simply locate the folder in Finder and move it to Trash.
Uninstalling Google Drive from your Mac can be done manually or automatically with the help of a tool like Macube Cleaner. But regardless of the method you choose, make sure to remove all leftover files to ensure a complete uninstallation. Overall, we recommend using Macube for a straightforward uninstall process!
Speed up and troubleshoot your Mac super easily with a Macube full-featured free trial!Start Free Trial